Requirements for Power of Attorney
To obtain Power of Attorney or Inheritance, please call make an appointment Between 2:00pm to 4:00Pm Monday to Thursday.
Consulate Services Office:(310) 288-8334
If all articles are not provided at initial submission it will be considered incomplete and will NOT be processed until all articles are received.
WHO SHOULD APPLY FOR A POWER OF ATTORNEY?
Afghan Citizens that have ownership of assets in Afghanistan and are seeking to sell or grant guardianship over assets. Citizenship will be accepted by the Afghan national ID (Taskera)
For Dari information please click link below
1) A hand written letter (Ariza) to the Consulate General of Afghanistan requested from the Property owner(s) (Moakil) or who have inherited the property and want to make a power of attorney and must provide information about the property, who is the power of attorney(Waqil), and what power is given to the attorney
2) A legal document (Qawal-e-Sharai) that states who are the property owner(s), if the property is inherited a Hasr-e-Warsat is needed. Qawal-e-Aurfi is not accepted.
3) All or any property owners or inherits (under the age of 18 years) need to prepare a wasaayat khat, further process of the wasaayat khat document will take place at the Consulate General office in Los Angeles.
4) All owner or who have inherited (Moakil) the property that has completed 18 years of age must be present at the time of application submission and fingerprinting along with:
5) Two Afghan male witnesses that have completed 18 years of age at the time of bearing witness along with:
6) Power of Attorney (Wekalat Nama) fee:
NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED
Payable to the Order of: Consulate General of Afghanistan in Los Angeles
NOTE:Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.