Requirements for Inheritance
To obtain Power of Attorney or Inheritance, please call make an appointment Between 2:00pm to 4:00Pm Monday to Thursday.
Consulate Services Office:(310) 288-8334
If all articles are not provided at initial submission it will be considered incomplete and will NOT be processed until all articles are received.
WHO SHOULD APPLY FOR AN INHERITANCE?
Applicants seeking a legal document to prove inheritance of property due to passing away of the prior owner's death to those legally entitled to the property. Applicant must prove Afghan Citizenship with an Afghan National ID (Taskera)
1) A hand written request letter (Ariza) to the Consulate General of Afghanistan requesting to make an inheritance document, who has obtained the property and must provide the following; the name of the deceased, date of death, deceased father and grandfather’s name and how many heirs (Warasa)
2) Three Afghan that have completed 18 years of age at the time to confess that they know of the deceased and are aware of the amount of inherits (Warasa) from the deceased, along with:
NOTE: There is no restriction about women confessions. Women can also present
as confessors at the Consulate General office. (Effective September 29th, 2014)
3) Two Afghan male witnesses that have completed 18 years of age at the time of bearing witness along with:
(Effective September 29th, 2014)
4) Provide original death certificate for the deceased (Effective January 21, 2013)
5) Inheritance (Hasr-e-Warasat) fee:
NOTE: A total of FIVE people are required to complete the form. Afghans born outside of Afghanistan need to bring their Original Birth Certificates and both parents’ passports. Bringing witnesses for your documents are solely your responsibility; your documents will not be completed if your witnesses are not available.
NOTE:Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.